Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
- Bearing in mind that this area is surrounded by jungle, there is only so much we can do.
However, we strive to make this place as safe as possible.
- The whole 4 acres is surrounded by perimeter fencing and the gates are locked everyev ening for your safety.
- At night the whole place is well lit.
- There are 3 fulltime caretakers on the premises and they are always ever willing to assist.
- The few wild animals in the area are monkeys and the occasional wild boars that come out at night to scavenge. They stay well away from the fencing thus are hardly seen.
- The kampong is just across the river, meaning outside help is just minutes away.
- For your own sake, do keep your valuables in a secure place. Do not leave them unattended or out in the open. Lock the doors and windows when you go out.
What is the river like?
- The water is crystal clear and quite cool.
- At most places it is only knee to waist deep. Only at certain locations can one find waters deep enough to swim.
- The canopy of trees all along the river shelters it from the hot sun.
- On the occasion that it rains, the river’s water level may rise rapidly and the water turns murky and flows quite fast. Do not, under any circumstances, play in the river, as it is
Are there many mosquitoes, bugs and other insects?
- There are mosquitoes in the premises but no more than what you would find in the city. However, their number increases as you venture into more damp & wet areas.
- Bugs, insects, common house lizards and frogs are common in the area. Please bring your own insect repellants if you need to.
Can I use my mobile phone and mobile data?
- Yes, Maxis, Celcom, Digi, & Umobile carriers are accessible.
Is there Internet Access?
- Internet access is via your own mobile broadband provider. Due to our location,
access to phone land line is not possible.
Are there Astro TV channels?
- Unfortunately no. However, all rooms have the local TV channels.
Are there hot water for showering?
- Yes, there are instant hot water in most of the attached bathrooms.
Are there enough facilities to sleep 100 of us?
- We have 11 villas (4 adults), 10 standard rooms (4 adults), and 2 family rooms (6/8 adults).
- Meaning yes, we can. A few will have to sleep on mattresses placed on floors.
- Any more than 100 people will put an unwanted strain on the common facilities.
Are there parking space available?
- There are ample parking space available. However, parking is at own risk.
Is cooking allowed on the premises?
- No cooking is allowed on the premises except for BBQ.
- Catering services are available.
- Reheating of food is allowed at villas where microwave is provided.