Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe?
- Bearing in mind that this area is surrounded by jungle, there is only so much we can do. However, we strive to make this place as safe as possible.
- The whole 4 acres is surrounded by perimeter fencing and the gates are locked every
evening for your safety.
- At night the whole place is well lit.
- There are 3 fulltime caretakers on the premises and they are always ever willing to assist.
- The few wild animals in the area are monkeys and the occasional wild boars that come
out at night to scavenge. They stay well away from the fencing thus are hardly seen.
- The kampong is just across the river, meaning outside help is just minutes away.
- For your own sake, do keep your valuables in a secure place. Do not leave them
unattended or out in the open. Lock the doors and windows when you go out.
What is the river like?
- The water is crystal clear and quite cool.
- At most places it is only knee to waist deep. Only at certain locations can one find waters
deep enough to swim.
- The canopy of trees all along the river shelters it from the hot sun.
- On the occasion that it rains, the river’s water level may rise rapidly and the water turns
Do not, under any circumstances, play in the river, as it is extremely
Are there many mosquitoes, bugs and other insects?
- There are the occasional mosquitoes in the premises but no more than what you would
find in the city. However, their number increases as you
venture into more damp & wet areas.
- Bugs, insects, common house lizards and frogs are common in the area. Please bring your own
insect repellants if you need to.
Can I use my mobile phone and mobile data?
- Yes, Maxis, Celcom & Digi carriers are accessible.
Is there Internet Access?
- Internet access is via your own mobile broadband provider. Due to our location,
access to phone land line is not possible thus no wifi.
Are there Astro TV channels?
- Yes, located at the Café and Rumah Induk. All other rooms have the local TV channels such
as TV1 to TV9 and TV Al-Hijrah.
Are there hot water for showering?
- Yes, there are instant hot water in most of the attached bathrooms. Due to insufficient power supply, a few of the villas instant hot water has been disconnected.
Can a group of more than 100 of us stay there?
- We can accommodate up to a maximum of 120 people. Some will have to sleep on mattresses placed on floors. Any more than that will put an unwanted strain on the common facilities such as the toilets and showers.
Are there enough facilities to sleep 100 of us?
- We currently have 21 rooms of different types. We also have the glampers that can
easily sleep 20 adults.
Is cooking allowed on the premises?
- No cooking is allowed on the premises except for BBQ.
- Catering services are available.